Looking for some inspiration for your model train sets? These photographs can really trick your eye and make you think you’re looking at H0 scale models – exquisite ones, if you consider the realistic details. But take a closer look: they are real trains!
Photographed or processed with a tilt-shift effect, real-life landscapes convey the feeling of macro photography. And isn’t that close to the great dream of turning real trains into toys?
1. Miniature Commuter Rail by Paul Nicholson
2. Tilt Shift Train by The Fox and The Polar Bear
Original photo taken from a bridge, just outside of Chepstow on the England / Wales Border.
3. by Rene Kleizen
4. Train Station by Brendan Skinner
5. Hauptbahnhof Hamburg by =Thomas=
6. Toy Train by rolohauck
7. WestCoast Express Miniturized by Tylerngram
8. Miniature or real? by ja.vroegop
9. Tilt Shift Train by BnBattaglia
10. Toy Train on Bridge by emsox
11. The Toy Train by oneindigo
12. by xxsilenexx
13. by jimspokat
14. Model Berlin by zimdollar
A model of Berlin with a tiny train system.
Simple "fake model" photoninja’ing, with a gradient lens blur and a bit of masking.
15. by FilipR8
16. Miniature Shinagawa by architrex12249
17. Miniature Budapest by hoving
18. City Toys by DesteN
19. Train19 by FilipR8
20. Train33 by ~FilipR8
21. Snowdon Train by nevyn
22. Tilt-Shift Tokyo
23. Bluebell Railway Tilt-Shif by Darren Hendley
24. Tiny Train by ichigo-55ty
25. Train2 by FilipR8
26. Old Steam Train by Aussiegall
27. Incredible Tilt-Shift by Josh Mock
28. by Vitaloverdose
29. Canadian Pacific by delawarm
30. by sinkdd